1. Enter the address of the MD Coder Web Application into your Internet browser: https://my.mdtech.com/manager
2. From the login screen, enter your User name and Password, and then click “Login”.
NOTE: The default screen for billing staff is the Charges page, but this can be changed by clicking on the My Account link in the upper right corner of the screen. Go to User Preferences and change the Default Initial View.
Registering a Patient:
1. Search for the patient using the search engine. Performing a search before entering new patient information is a best practice that will prevent the entry of duplicate patients. You may search by patient first or last name, or use the
Search drop-box to select other search options.
2. If the patient name is not returned as a search result, proceed with adding the patient. Click the Add Patient button on the top left of the screen.
3. Next, in the Patient Demographics screen, create a new patient record by entering, at minimum, the required information for your practice, as indicated by an asterisk.
4. When you’ve completed the patient data entry, click Save. The system will confirm that the information was saved. To sync this patient to the provider’s mobile device, click in the Physician Active List and choose the physician who will see the patient, or click All.
NOTE: The Save button will not be enabled if all required information has not been entered.
Sorting and Customizing the Patient List:
The patient list can be sorted by any of the column headers that are hyperlinked – click on the column headers to sort the patients by the desired item.
Customize which columns are visible by clicking the Customize button at the top of the patients page, then check off the columns you would like to appear in the list. Uncheck those you wish to hide.
Synchronizing Patients to a Mobile Device:
1. Go to the Patients page of MD Coder. Search for the desired patient.
2. Select the checkboxes next to the patient(s) you wish to synchronize to the device. See Figure 3 below.
3. Select “Add to Active List” from the Apply Action drop-down list.
4. Choose the physician(s) who should see the patient on their list, or click All Providers.
5. Click the “Apply” button. The patient will sync to the device.
If you have any questions, concerns or technical issues, please do not hesitate to contact us:
P: 888-253-8813, option 2